There has been a growing trend, particularly amongst retail and wholesale companies, towards the collection of orders directly from, providing a transport service and charging the supplier for this service. This service can be provided using own fleet, 3PLs or ad hoc hauliers.
This is a complex operation requiring collaboration between all supply chain partners involved and the creation of visibility and event management in this aspect of the business. It is also often necessary to get sign-off on transactions by three companies – supplier, transport provider and buyer. CarrierNet can handle these issues in real-time.
- Supplier request for collections
- Confirmation from customer/buyer
- Transport collection order to 3PL or haulier
- On-line reconciliation of disputed quantities and damages
- Management of complex rate cards
- Automatic approval requests of changes if required
- Provision for ad-hoc charges
- Billing of transport costs to supplier
- Self billing to 3PLs and hauliers
- POC and POD management
- Track and trace
- Integration with corporate systems, including financials and order processing
- Full audit trail
- Real-time exception alerts
- Generation of cost vs. revenue reports
- Creation of user defined KPI reports
Contact us for more information.